Kulanu: 8th – 12th Grade:
Priority Goal: Temple B’nai Torah wishes to engage our community in making Judaism relevant to our daily lives.
Kulanu: Teen Engagement for All of Us will allow our teens to grow:
- as individuals.
- as part of the Temple B’nai Torah Community.
- as participants in the larger Jewish world.
- Electives offered on Monday evenings
- Electives will be offered in various locations and environments
- Experts from varied disciplines will be offering electives
- Different types of learning for different types of learners
- Whole community learning
- Building relationships and sense of belonging
- Will include whole school projects and programs
- Opportunity to hear reflections about other learning experiences
- Experience Judaism beyond the walls of Temple B’nai Torah
- Immersive Jewish experiences
- Celebrate Shabbat with more than 100 other Jewish teens
- Participate in communal prayer, programming, and ritual
- All students invited to and welcome at all NFTY and NFTY-NAR events (8th graders in Spring)
Our tenth graders have the opportunity to study with the Rabbi for the second half of the year to discuss contemporary topics and Jewish responses. The year culminates with a meaningful Confirmation service led by the tenth grade students.
Confirmation Class 2017
Mazel tov to all