TEMPLE B’NAI TORAH
Sunday September 22, 2013
46th Street & 12th Avenue
The Intrepid is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of history, science and service as related to its home aboard the USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark. As you explore the Museum you will be able to examine original artifacts, view historic video footage, and explore interactive exhibits. Visitors can also ride in the A-6 Cockpit Simulator, visit the Virtual Flight Zone, and tour the inside of the world’s fastest commercial airplane, Concorde.
1. The Flight Deck: Get a up-close look at nearly two dozen aircraft, visit the restoration tent and take a walk through history on Intrepid’s island and bridges.
2. The Gallery Deck: The Gallery Deck features Combat Information Center, Pilot Ready Room
3. The Third Deck: Check out the ship’s galley, newly opened Berthing Areas, 1960’s – recreated Mess deck, and enjoy lunch or a snack at Au Bon Pain Cafe.
4. The Hangar Deck: A great place to start your visit and our main indoor exhibit space, the hangar Deck takes you through both the hardware and humanity of Intrepid.
5. Space Shuttle Pavilion: Intrepid’s newest exhibit, the Space Shuttle Pavilion has been engineered to express the shuttle program’s stories of human triumph and technological feats. Enjoy this up close experience with Space Shuttle Enterprise.
6. USS Growler:The former USS Growler is the only American diesel-powered strategic missile submarine open to the public. The Growler offers museum visitors a firsthand look at life aboard a submarine and a close-up inspection of the once “top-secret” missile command center. Access is available to the various compartments as they were used during operations.
7 Concorde: Experience the luxury reserved for the lucky few. The Guided Tour, Concorde: A Supersonic Story allows guests to enjoy the Concorde’s first class cabin and sophisticated cockpit.
FREE PASSES TO THE INTREPID MUSEUM CAN BE RESERVED AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY. THE DATE YOUR LIBRARY WILL ACCEPT RESERVATIONS VARY. RESERVE FOR THE WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER 21ST AND 22ND. THE SPACE SHUTTLE EXHIBIT IS NOT COVERED BY THE PASS AND IS $7 PAYABLE AT THE EXHIBIT.
Additional information: https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/The-Intrepid-Experience/Exhibits.aspx
Arrangements for travel will be made after we know who will be joining us.
Make reservations: Temple B’nai Torah Couples’ Club
Mail To: Temple B’nai Torah Couples Club, 2900 Jerusalem Ave, Wantagh, NY 11793
or Leave in Temple Office Couples Intrepid Envelope– marked Couples Club Intrepid
Questions? Contact : Marilynn Block 516-541-6222 / e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org