As per current COVID protocols, we are now welcoming our congregants back into the sanctuary for all services on a limited basis. Services will continue to remain virtual, but the building has re-opened for office administration and limited Clergy hours.
Office hours at the Temple are as follows:
Monday – Thursday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Office will be closed on Fridays for the summer!
Hoping that the pandemic was mostly behind us, we expected and planned to all be together for the High Holy Days this year. We put our best efforts forward in planning an “in-person” High Holy Day observance experience.
However, we knew that we might have to make changes to our service plans due to the pandemic.
As always, our priority remains the health and safety of our congregation. Thus, considering the rising infection rates from the variants, we are obliged to alter our High Holy Day observances.
As meaningful as it is when we all gather together for each of our services, it will not be possible this year. Our Reopening Committee has been working tirelessly to come up with guidelines to assure that we are doing our very best to protect the members of our community. We also recognize that the (Delta) variant may increase risks of infection to those who are fully vaccinated. With this in mind, the guidelines below will be in effect for this year:
1. We will cap our number to 500 congregants for each service.
2. Everyone must be masked.
3. Everyone must pre-register for ALL services. You should have received an email with a link to a Google form for registration. Please feel free to call any of the phone numbers listed if you need assistance with the form. We will help you!
4. Proof of vaccination will be required.
5. Those over the age of 12 who are not vaccinated must show a negative Covid test within 72 hours of each service.
6. Those children under the age of 12 who are not eligible for the vaccine will be admitted with their parents.
7. Social distancing will be enforced. The first few rows in the Sanctuary will be blocked off to ensure safety.
8. Concurrent Youth Programs will be in person and will require pre-registration. You should have received an email with the registration link.
Our ushers will work diligently to make sure that upon entry and exit there will be no bottlenecking. If you are at all uncomfortable about attending in person, we invite you to join us virtually. All services will be live streamed on our website. The link for the stream and the password will be sent prior to services.
Watch for the emails with links to register for High Holy Day Services and Youth Programs. We will do our best to provide inspiring and nourishing High Holy Days!
Please check your email, our Facebook page, and our Calendar for the links to our live services and programming.
If you would like to borrow a prayer book for the Hogh Holy Days, please fill out this form: Borrow Prayer Book
For more on the Jewish value of saving lives, pikuach nefesh (Hebrew Spelling פִּקּוּחַ נֶפֶשׁ)
the concept that saving a life overrides all other biblical commandments, click HERE.